It is the most wonderful time of the year and indulging in sweets in one of the best parts of Christmas, isn’t it?
But if you start worrying about your blood sugar levels everytime you hear “Leave some room for dessert!” – then this one’s for you! There’s no need to shy away from the simple pleasures of life – especially during the holiday season.
Not that we are suggesting going overboard and spike your blood sugar levels, but you can certainly indulge a little.
Here’s a diabetes-friendly version of Christmas dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth without affecting your blood sugar levels (when eaten in the right quantity ie one piece a day)
Diabetes-friendly oats and cinnamon chocolates
What you’ll need: (For 3-4 servings)
How to prepare:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey until smooth. Stir in cinnamon and salt.
- Add oats, chia seeds, shredded unsweetened coconut and roasted flax seed to the bowl and stir until it is evenly incorporated.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that all ingredients are combined and then stir in the 80% dark chocolate.
- Use a small round scooper or ladoo maker to form the mixture into bite-sized balls.
- Your oats cinnamon chocolates are ready to eat.
- It can be served immediately or chilled if you prefer them cold.
You can store these in the fridge for up to 15 days.