If you are tired of eating just sprouts or eggs for breakfast, this recipe will surely impress you. Egg whites and sprouts are both high in protein, which can help regulate blood sugar levels, and are hence highly recommended for people with diabetes. Moreover, sprouts are high in fibre, which is excellent for eliminating excess cholesterol from the body.
Nutritionist and Health Coach Karena Adnani combines these two super ingredients with some other fresh ones for a quick and easy recipe. This is also an ideal option for those who have very little time to prepare a healthy breakfast in the mornings.
Protein-Rich Sprouts Omelette Recipe
Serving size: 1
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 small Egg whites
- 1 cup Green Gram Sprouts
- ½ small Tomato
- 5g Coriander
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ tsp Oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg whites, diced tomato, sprouts, coriander, and a pinch of salt until the mixture is frothy.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized non-stick pan over low heat.
- Pour the whisked egg mixture onto the heated pan, making sure the entire surface of the pan is covered.
- Use a non-stick spatula to close any gaps that may have formed.
- Lightly press down on the omelette and lift it from the edge to check if it has cooked.
- Carefully place the spatula underneath the omelette to turn it upside down until it turns slightly brown and is cooked on both sides.
- Lift the omelette with the spatula and slide it onto a plate.
- Serve this healthy breakfast option with two slices of toasted brown or multigrain bread.
- Alternatively, black chickpea sprouts can also be used instead of green gram (moong) as they help in weight loss.