A refreshing bowl of oats is a healthy and refreshing way to start your day, especially when paired with yoghurt. The combination of oats with yoghurt is excellent for people with hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol). The beta-glucan in oats helps eliminate excess cholesterol from the body while yoghurt helps maintain gut health. Moreover, oats and yoghurt make for a satiating breakfast.
Try Dietitian and Health Coach Karena Adnani’s savoury oats recipe that is an ideal option for summers or warm weather.
Low Cholesterol and Gut-friendly Oatmeal Yoghurt Bowl Recipe:
Serving size: 2
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 50g Oats (boiled and strained)
- 100ml Fresh yoghurt
- 30g Cucumber diced into small pieces
- 30g Carrot diced into small pieces
- Pinch of salt
- 15g almonds
- Boil the oats in water for 10 minutes until the grain softens. Strain the water and place the oats in a medium bowl.
- Dice the cucumber and carrot into small pieces and mix with the oats.
- Add fresh yoghurt to this mixture along with a pinch of salt.
- Place the mixture in a serving bowl, and garnish with almonds or any nut of choice. Alternatively, the nuts can be crushed into a powder and garnished on top.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes and serve chilled.