Taking care of a loved one and supporting them can be the most significant gift you can give them this Valentine’s.
Each store you pass is stocked with elaborate displays of sweets. Celebrating the special day typically involves giving or receiving chocolates. It can get too much. Being surrounded by too many sweet treats might tempt you to indulge in some to join in the celebrations.. you know. But the question that almost instantly pops in your head is, “what about the effect on my blood sugar?”
Well, this year let’s think outside the box and have a savoury treat. You can indulge (guilt-free) in 2 pieces of malai paneer heart nuggets twice a week.
What you’ll need:
|Crumbled cottage cheese (malai paneer) – 100 gms.|
Black sesame seeds (kala til) – 1 tbsp
White sesame seeds (white til) – 1 tbsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil for grilling – 2 Tsp
- In a plate, combine the crumbled paneer, garam masala and salt and knead them well to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Take a small bowl and mix both- white and black sesame seeds.
- Now, roll the paneer ball in the mixed sesame seeds and make sure they are evenly coated.
- Shape the balls in a heart-shaped nugget using the heart shaper and grill them on both the sides on a grilling pan for about 5-7 minutes.
You can enjoy these cutlets with various curd based dips.
Surprise your partner with this Valentine-special healthy snack!
How will these nuggets benefit you?
If you try this recipe at home, be sure to send us a photo on our Facebook page (@WellthyDiabetes) – we would love to see your creations!