Be it a lazy weekend (where all you want to do is rest and re-energise yourself), a party or a family dinner; it is never a bad idea to set out some veggies, toasts or grilled meat along with these creamy yet healthy dips. These dips are refreshing and can be served at any event as snacks or starters. Our Diabetes Care Expert Jayashree Salian says protein-rich curd used in these dips improves digestion and bone health. It also boosts immunity and reduces high blood pressure.
Refreshing Creamy dip
|• yogurt strained for an hour – 1 cup|
• Cucumber peeled and finely grated – 3/4 cup
• Garlic (minced) – 1 clove
• Olive oil – 1 tsp
• Lemon juice – 1 tsp
• Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Stir it well and season it with salt and pepper.
You can enjoy it with pita chips, sliced vegetables or any grilled meat or fish.
- Coarsely grind all the ingredients together with a mortar and pestle.
- Make sure to serve at room temperature.
Please note: You can make a larger quantity of this dip and store it in the refrigerator. It also makes a great sandwich spread.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and saute on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Let the spinach cook on a medium flame for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove the pan from the flame.
- On cooling, add yogurt to the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- You can enjoy it with pita chips, slices of toast, sliced vegetables or any grilled meat or fish.
If you try this recipe at home, be sure to send us a photo on our Facebook page (@WellthyDiabetes) – we would love to see your creations!