Expert-reviewed by Ashwini S.Kanade, Registered Dietician and Certified Diabetes Educator with 17 years of experience.
Whether you have a big sweet tooth and want to satisfy your cravings by staying true to your health goals or you simply feel like indulging in some guilt-free dessert every weekend; the real dilemma we all face next is: Do we indulge in a sweet treat or not? How about the calories and its effect on my blood glucose levels?
Well, fret no more and keep the heartbreak and introspection aside, because today Lavanya T G, Food Scientist at NutriParadise at Central Food Technological Research Institute is going to tell us about 5 healthy dessert recipes, which are not only lip-smacking, but you can also indulge in them guilt-free.
Recipe #1: Bean and Berry Tart
This recipe serves 3 people.
- Beans- 1 cup
- Blueberries- 1/3rd cup
- Strawberries- 1/3rd cup
- Grapes- 1/3rd cup
- Boil the beans and blend them to make a fine paste.
- Preheat the oven. Spread the paste on a tart mould and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 0C.
- Into the baked crust, stuff the fruits and pour a teaspoon of honey or cream.
- Enjoy your healthy delicious tarts.
Recipe #2: Sweet Pops
You can make 12-15 sweet pops out of this recipe.
- Oats- 1 cup
- Flax seeds- 3 tbsp
- Puffed amaranth seeds- 3 tbsp
- Stevia tablets- 2
- Coconut flakes – optional
- Roast flax seeds, oats and amaranth seeds separately on a low flame.
- Make a coarse powder of oats, puffed amaranth seeds and flax seeds using a blender.
- Crush two stevia tablets, mix into the mixture and make it into balls. Add little water if necessary.
- Serve by garnishing it with desiccated coconut.
Recipe #3: Avocado Chia Smoothie
This recipe serves 1 person.
- Avocado- 1 cup
- Milk- 1 glass
- Chia seeds- 2 tsp
- Stevia powder – 1 pinch
- Make a blend of avocado, milk, chia seeds and stevia powder.
- Transfer the smoothie into a glass and garnish with mint leaves.
If “What should I make for breakfast today?” is always on your mind, then try these delicious diabetes-friendly breakfast recipes.
Recipe #4: Soy Wheat Cookie
This recipe serves 3 people.
- Whole Wheat flour- ½ cup
- Soy flour- ½ cup
- Choco chips- 3 tsp
- Raisins- 1 tbsp
- Almonds- 1 tbsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Stevia- a pinch
- Mix wheat flour, soy flour, oil, raisins, chopped almonds, choco chips in a bowl.
- Smear oil on the butter paper and spread small amounts of batter on it.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180 0C.
Recipe #5: Dew Cake
This recipe serves 2 people.
- Agar- 2 tsp
- Orange- 1/4th cup
- Pomegranate-1/4th cup
- Sugar substitute- as per taste
- Boil water, add agar powder into it and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add pomegranate, orange and sugar substitute to it and refrigerate.
- Serve once the cake solidifies.
Now that you know the recipes and how to make your favourite dessert the healthy way, go ahead and enjoy in your guilty pleasures.