This Navratri – try a delicious new dessert that is is both healthy and yummy! As the name suggests, these laddoos contain oats and nuts – both of which keep you full and also help you in keeping your blood sugar levels under control.
Preparation time – 16 min
Serves – 8 laddoos
- Cooking rolled oats – 1 cup
- Chopped walnuts – 1 tbsp
- Chopped almonds – 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Chopped jaggery – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Heat a large nonstick pan, add the oats and dry roast on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Remove and keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the same pan and add the sesame seeds and dry roast them on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the ghee and jaggery in the same pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the jaggery mixture into a flat thali and allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the roasted oats, roasted sesame seeds, walnuts, almonds and cardamom powder and mix very well.
- Add the milk and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll out each portion into a round ball.
- Serve immediately.
|Omega 3 Fats||1356 mg.|
|Total Fibre||11 gm.|