Navratri celebrations would not be complete without these delicious, homemade, healthy laddoos. An easy recipe that doesn’t take too much time or effort to make – but is a big hit with the whole family!
Preparation time – 25 minutes
Serves – 15-18 small laddoos
- Moong dal – 1 cup
- Jaggery – ¼ cup
- Cashew nuts- 2 tablespoons
- Almonds – 2 tablespoons
- Hot ghee – ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom – a pinch
- Start by dry roasting the moong dal on a low to medium heat. Do this for ten minutes or till they are lightly golden and smell aromatic. Once done, cool the lentils to room temperature.
- Grind dal to a fine powder.
- Then grind jaggery to a fine powder, separately. Skip this step if you are using caster sugar.
- Remove the coarse bits left while grinding using a sifter and discard.
- In the same kadai, add ghee and let it melt. Then add ground dal, cardamom powder, sugar and mix lightly. Use a wooden spatula for best results.
- Heat for a few minutes till the dal soaks up the ghee. Once it all comes together, turn off the gas.
- Once this mixture cools down, start making the laddoos.
- You can either serve them immediately or store them for later in an airtight container.
- Garnish with nuts for a crunchy twist!